Thursday 16 April 2009

Portrait: Busker

I'm currently working towards a group portrait exhibition to be held in Bath during July. The theme is to choose local subjects that represent Bath in some way to the artist. All the portraits are very small, no bigger than A6 in size. My first is this portrait of a the Jamaican busker who stands on Bath's main shopping street singing loudly. Due to his loud and constant singing I have yet to discover his name, or anything about him.

A6 portrait of Bath's Jamaican busker (above) painted in in inks.

4 comments:

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

I really, really, really, really, like this piece! The patterns and colors you used are WONDERFUL.

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

Nope, I take it back. I love this piece:) Makes me happy to look at it, and that's a real good thing in my book.

GlorV1 said...

The colors are beautiful. Busker sounds like a good name. It just matches him for some reason. The texture in the guitar is awesome. I thank you for sharing Busker.

Anonymous said...

Just lovely! What emotion... I want to hear him play! Keep them coming, please....