Tuesday 4 August 2009

La Seigneurie Gardens

My stay on Sark continuous. Sark has only just become a democracy. Before Sarks first democratic election, taking place earlier this year, it was a self governing feudal state. In the feudal system the only people with a vote or say in how the island was run were land (tennement) owners. The Seigneur was the head of the island taking a share of all land sales. The only person above the Seigneur, in the old feudal system, being the Queen of England. In this drawing you can see the Seigneurs house in the back ground. I will add colour in the next couple of days.

La Seigneurie Gardens, ink on paper (above)

2 comments:

HightonRidley said...

Looking forward to seeing how this comes out in colour.

I've been keeping an eye on your work for a while and always enjoy your wobbly style and riotous colour.

GlorV1 said...

Hi Luke. Hope you are okay. I like that description that Highton-Ridley left about "wobbly style," and it is so fitting. I too love the look. I can hardly wait to see it in all it's vivids. Take care.